CDN Create Fails - Internal Server Error RRS feed

• General discussion

• I get the following error (see attached pic) whenever I try to create a CDN endpoint in US EAST affinity group.

Anyone know how to resolve it ?

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It seems a CDN service outage, but the dashboard doesn't show anything yet. Maybe you can try it later. If still not working, please feel free to come back. Of course, if it's working, give a feedback, too. You can view the status from here:

http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/support/service-dashboard/

Thanks,

QinDian Tang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:13 AM
  • Qin Thanks for your reply.

Its been more than 24 hrs and I still get the same error!

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:59 PM
  • Hi,

You can do it again followed by this guide: http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/net/common-tasks/cdn/

If still not working, I will report it for you.

Thanks,

QinDian Tang
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 2:27 AM
  • Qin,

Those are the exact steps (in your link) I followed to create, first the storage account, then the CDN endpoint (in the old portal).

I tried multiple times, now I have 4 storage accounts with disabled CDN endpoints. Also when CDN create fails with Internal Server Error, Im not able to delete the associated storage account.

Also, the problem seems to exist only if the storage is located in "EAST US". I tried creating one on "SOUTH US" which works fine.

Thanks 

• Edited by p1nv0ke Wednesday, February 20, 2013 4:09 PM
    Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:51 AM
  • It is still throwing the same Internal Server Error creating CDN endpoint on a storage account hosted in US EAST. I've tried several times in all the three Azure Subscriptions I have.

And looks like there is no support for this issue at http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/support/contact unless I pay! Well Im already paying for the service that is broken.

Any one at MSFT, hello?

Thanks

• Edited by p1nv0ke Friday, February 22, 2013 3:36 PM
    Friday, February 22, 2013 1:58 PM
  • Hi,

You can try this channel to get support about your subscription function:

https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=17024&st=1&wfxredirect=1&sd=gn&wa=wsignin1.0

Thanks,

QinDian Tang

Monday, February 25, 2013 2:50 AM
  • QinDian,

Same result from your URL. I guess I'm back to square one now.

Presently you don’t have a Windows Azure Technical Support subscription.  

Please note that Windows Azure has many options for you to choose from to receive technical support. Additionally, if you go to WindowsAzure.com/support you will see we have several paid support options and you can choose the one that best meets your technical support needs.

I do see that you have documented the issue on the Azure Forum, you should be getting assistance on the forum regarding this issue. If you want technical assistance, you would have to sign up for a support plan. 

Monday, February 25, 2013 9:12 PM
  • Hi,

Does your affinity group and storage account in the same region?

Thanks,

QinDian Tang

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:27 AM
  • Yes, affinity group and storage account both are East US.

quick glance

STATUS
    GEO-REPLICATION
    Enabled
    LAST GEO FAILOVER
    Never
    PRIMARY REGION
    useast
    SECONDARY REGION
    uswest
    CUSTOM DOMAIN
    None