Toolkit Issue RRS feed

• Question

• User-723833757 posted

I seem  to be having an issue with the Toolkit

I have the latest version

Most of my Items are working or are half working

I was having an issue with ModalPopup not displaying, It now displays but will not use background CssClass

I am also having an issue with Collapsible Panel, If I have it expanded at first, i can click and it will collapse, but it will not open. the same goes for when it is collapsed, I cannot re-open it.

I tried with Script manage and ToolScript Manager

I tried in different browsers

Sometime I had an issue if I had an error in my page with html or the SQL error; however, I used on a blank page where these were the only items, still not working all the way.

Saturday, August 1, 2015 11:08 AM

Answers

• User-723833757 posted

FIX:

Uninstalled using Package Manager Console

Removed reference from Web.Config

Closed,

Rebooted

Reinstalled

Works!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, August 6, 2015 6:43 PM

All replies

• User1644755831 posted

Hello Bobby-Z,

I seem  to be having an issue with the Toolkit

I have the latest version

Most of my Items are working or are half working

I was having an issue with ModalPopup not displaying, It now displays but will not use background CssClass

I am also having an issue with Collapsible Panel, If I have it expanded at first, i can click and it will collapse, but it will not open. the same goes for when it is collapsed, I cannot re-open it.

I tried with Script manage and ToolScript Manager

I tried in different browsers

Sometime I had an issue if I had an error in my page with html or the SQL error; however, I used on a blank page where these were the only items, still not working all the way.

Without actual code to reproduce this issue or error message and call stack its difficult to know what the problem is. Can you at least provide some useful information that we can use to narrow down the problem. Right now we can just make guesses as to why this things might happens. There could be any number of reasons.

With Regards,

Krunal Parekh

Monday, August 3, 2015 4:38 AM
  • User-723833757 posted

I don't really know how code will help since I can find no errors in the code

<asp:Panel ID="PnlLocationName" runat="server" CssClass="data-group">
    						<asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton11" runat="server">LinkButton</asp:LinkButton>
    					</asp:Panel>
    					<ajx:ModalPopupExtender ID="ModalPopupExtender1" runat="server" BackgroundCssClass="opac25" PopupControlID="PnlLocationNameEdit" TargetControlID="LinkButton11" CancelControlID="LinkButton12" OkControlID="LinkButton13" />
    					<asp:Panel ID="PnlLocationNameEdit" runat="server" CssClass="message">
    						<h3>It Popped Up</h3>

<asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton12" runat="server">LinkButton</asp:LinkButton><asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton13" runat="server">LinkButton</asp:LinkButton>
    					</asp:Panel>

I have the toolscript manager on the master page

When i click the button11 I get nothing,

On the same page I have a TabContainer that works perfectly, but Popups do not work at all

Monday, August 3, 2015 7:46 PM
  • User177399542 posted

Hi Bobby-Z 

I have tested your Ajax control toolkit code to create Ajax control toolkit Modal ModalPopup Exntender. This code is working absolutely fine and my end. There may be issue with other code you have used in your page. If possible please provide source code of complete page.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 1:42 AM
  • User1644755831 posted

Hello Bobby-Z,

I have the toolscript manager on the master page

What version you are using? as of v15.1 ToolkitScriptManager is Removed and you will need to use Script Manager.

Please see: https://ajaxcontroltoolkit.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=ToolkitScriptManager%20Removed%20in%20v15.1%2c%20Use%20ScriptManager&referringTitle=Documentation

With Regards,

Krunal Parekh

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 10:44 PM
  • User-723833757 posted
    // Name:        Common.Common.debug.js
    // Assembly:    AjaxControlToolkit
    // Version:     4.5.7.1213
    // FileVersion: 4.5.7.1213
    // (c) 2010 CodePlex Foundation

/// <reference name="MicrosoftAjax.debug.js" />
    /// <reference name="MicrosoftAjaxTimer.debug.js" />
    /// <reference name="MicrosoftAjaxWebForms.debug.js" />

(function() {
    var scriptName = "ExtendedCommon";

function execute() {

var version = Sys.version;
    if (!version && !Sys._versionChecked) {
        Sys._versionChecked = true;
        throw new Error("AjaxControlToolkit requires ASP.NET Ajax 4.0 scripts. Ensure the correct version of the scripts are referenced. If you are using an ASP.NET ScriptManager, switch to the ToolkitScriptManager in AjaxControlToolkit.dll.");
    }

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 11:35 PM
  • User-723833757 posted

So now I have checked my html - Fine

I have tried using both ScriptManager and ToolkitScriptManager

AjaxTabContainer - Works Fine partly - when i postback it shows the content on the current tab along with content of default tab

I used a CollapsiblePanelExtender - works only to close the panel if default is collapsed = false, but then doesn't work

I added a modalPopupextender - Doesn't work at all, and makes CollapsiblePanelExtender Not Work at All even TextLabel doesn't show default messages

WatermarkExtender doesn't work, and when i use it it disables buttons.

[I created a blank page]

added only a modalpopup

when i press the TargetControlID Button I get a postback the modal panel displays briefly, then disappears.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 11:51 PM
  • User-723833757 posted

FIX:

Uninstalled using Package Manager Console

Removed reference from Web.Config

Closed,

Rebooted

Reinstalled

Works!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, August 6, 2015 6:43 PM