Visual Studio 2019 is not detecting Windows Mobile Emulator RRS feed

• Question

• Recently switched from Visual Studio 2017 to 2019 and now it's not detecting the installed Windows 10 Mobile emulator version 10.0.10586.11 that I use to debug backwards compatibility. Works fine on VS2017.

I tried reinstalling the emulator, but it's not being listed in my debug options in Visual Studio. This is the only emulator I install/need because the other testing I do on physical devices.

My machine is running Windows 10, version 1809, if that helps.

What can I do to remedy this?

Monday, May 13, 2019 6:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Since the problem is more related to Visual Studio, I'll help you to move this thread to Visual Studio General Questions forum. You could get more support there. Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 4:31 AM
  • Hi Khawar Nadeem,

We reproduce this situation in our side, here is reproduce steps I did: Install the windows emulator - create a blank UWP app in VS2017 - choose device type to run -  could find emulator options in the list - close VS2017 - Open the same app in VS2019 - repeat step 2 but there is no emulator options create a new UWP in VS 2019 – same result with before.

For now, I will help you to report this problem to MS product team channel: developer community. Here is issue link: https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/567166/isual-studio-2019-is-not-detecting-windows-mobile.html . please “follow” it and if possible, add some more comment in there with specific info. Then we need keep more patient. MS product team would check it and give us a feedback. More and more members who realize this situation would take a vote to it. Our team would fix it in next release version. I am sorry for your inconvenience again.

Have any newer process I would update here J

Sincerely

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by May Luo-MSFT Tuesday, May 14, 2019 9:49 AM
    Tuesday, May 14, 2019 6:58 AM
  • Thanks a lot! I'm glad you were able to see the issue and raise it to the concerned people. I'll have a look there.

Regards.

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 9:45 AM
  • Hi Khawar Nadeem,

Sorry to bother you,

I got some new progress about this issue, please check the report case link: https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/567166/isual-studio-2019-is-not-detecting-windows-mobile.html and the team has duplicated it to another case:  https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/458381/dep6711-deployment-to-windows-mobile-is-no-longer.html.

The answer is: Windows Mobile support will not be getting added back to VS 2019, you'll have to continue to use VS 2017 for this. See these links for more details on the end of Windows Mobile support: Support ending for Windows 10 Mobile in 2019 (published December 21, 2018).

Sincerely

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by May Luo-MSFT Thursday, May 16, 2019 7:38 AM
    Thursday, May 16, 2019 7:38 AM