delay in Image transfer throuh Media Encoder 9 series RRS feed

• Question

• Well, I am doing the real time image transfer through Media Encoder 9 series and media encoder sdk on the server end and media player 4 on the client end. But i m getting delay around  5 - 7 seconds . I want to remove this delay.I have already using buffering 1 sec for the profile configuration

how can i do it .

regards

naveen

Thursday, June 21, 2007 10:36 AM

Answers

• Your question belongs on the Windows Media Encoder newsgroup: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/community/newsgroups/WindowsMedia/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsmedia.encoder&lang=en&cr=US

I'll do my best, though (but any follow-up questions should go on that newsgroup): The buffer window number in the profile is one of several factors that influence how much latency you'll experience when doing a live encode.  Another factor is -- when you have multiple streams (like audio+video) -- how in-sync those streams are on their way into the WM Encoder, and you may not have control over this; less in sync means more latency, since the streams are multiplexed.   And yet another factor is plain old encode/decode latency.  I believe there are some formats that are supposed to be lower-latency than others.

Monday, June 25, 2007 11:27 PM