none
Data anlaysis and cost rate B RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have projects within PS 2007 that are using cost rate table B @ $0.00. When I pull the project data within data anlysis it only shows the cost rate A data, which is our standard rate. How can I run a report showing the cost rate B data? Is there a SQL script for that?

Thanks much!

• Edited by ahawk007 Tuesday, November 5, 2013 10:40 PM
    Tuesday, November 5, 2013 10:33 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately, the Cost Rate Tables are not exposed in the OOB Resource cubes.

You could, however, copy the rates to an ECF (using VBA) and add the ECF to the Resource Non-Timephased cube. Then they would be available for your reporting needs.

• Edited by Edward Hanna Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:43 PM Remove signature
    • Proposed as answer by Edward Hanna Thursday, November 7, 2013 11:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by ahawk007 Friday, November 8, 2013 6:30 PM
    Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:42 PM

All replies

• Are you sure cost rate table B is used for all assignments? When publishing only cost data for the applied rate is used.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book

Rod Gill Project Management

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 11:20 PM
  • Hey Rod, 

Thanks for responding.

My project has a mix of resources. Some use cost rate A and others us Cost Rate B which is set to $0. But yes for each resource, they either use Cost Rate A for all their task/assignments or they use Cost Rate B. When I run a report in Data Analysis, for that project it is only showing the cost Rate A dollar amount instead of the cost rate B of $0 that is assigned. I have published the project several times. But Data Analysis will not report the cost rate B of $0. 

Is this because Data Analysis use the standard rate for each resource not matter what cost rate table I assign to the resource?

Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:12 PM
  • Unfortunately, the Cost Rate Tables are not exposed in the OOB Resource cubes.

You could, however, copy the rates to an ECF (using VBA) and add the ECF to the Resource Non-Timephased cube. Then they would be available for your reporting needs.

• Edited by Edward Hanna Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:43 PM Remove signature
    • Proposed as answer by Edward Hanna Thursday, November 7, 2013 11:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by ahawk007 Friday, November 8, 2013 6:30 PM
    Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:42 PM
  • Thanks Edward ! ECF? what does this stand for, I am translating that to Employee Custom Field?
    Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:50 PM
  • I meant Enterprise Custom Field. I understand now. Thanks for the assist Edward ! 

Best Regards ! 

Alison

Thursday, November 7, 2013 7:12 PM