How to connect a LightSwitch HTML application to a webservice RRS feed

• Question

• I having been exploring an option in which Lightswitch may be the clean solution I need. I would like to create a request system for Reporting Services(2012 Native) functions for automation, i.e. Data Source creation, change subscription ownership. I have a test in place with the a non-HTML LS app that connects to the ReportingService2010 webservice and works. However, I cannot seem to get the HTML version to recognize the webservice reference. I have read many blogs about webservice connections but most do not deal with the HTML side. The only thing I see possibly is creating RIA services to add into the application, but I am unsure if this is the route need. I guess wishful thinking was in play hoping the HTML app would connect just as easily as the non-HTML app.  Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    Friday, August 15, 2014 6:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Geronimo,

Welcome to LightSwitch forum.

According to your description above, you want to use webservices data source.

We have many kinds of several data sources in LightSwitch.

• SQL Server Database 

• SharePoint List 

OData Service 

• SAP NetWeaver Gateway 

• a WCF RIA Service

If you want to connect to relevant services, please take a look at the article below.

Connect to Data

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

Best regards

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, August 25, 2014 2:11 AM
    Monday, August 18, 2014 2:04 PM