none
Exception has thrown by the target of an invocation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Im using typed data sets (sxd) as my data access layer. Today I try to preview data of an entity table got this error. This error is popping all the other xsd tables in the project. I have open another project of mine and they also have same problem.

Any solutions greatly appreciate

Kind regards

Radika

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• hi

Still not solved. i tried same application in another machine VS 2008 by connecting to same data base oracle. its giving the data preview without problem. is this bug with my machine how can i fix.

Kind regards

radika

Thursday, June 21, 2012 6:30 AM
  • Hi Radika,

As the figure shows, I guess this error might be related with the code inside of your application, could you please share us the code snippet against this issue?

Also you could try to check out with the database connection string inside of application’s configure file.

Best Regards,

Tony Xiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, June 21, 2012 8:35 AM
  • Hi thanks for the reply

In our application for the data access layer we use XSD data set for creating adapter for related entity tables. The problem is adapter not working when we run the data preview on design pane the application is running without errors and giving data at run time. Only worry is XSD deign time it won’t loading the data and also we check it won’t generate update insert delete methods. ( all the tables we created not loading data at design time)

We have copied project to another machine it loads data without getting any error in design pane.  

Can it be .net error becouse if we create test project with connecting adapter in design time it gives same errors

Kind regards

• Edited by Radika Thursday, June 21, 2012 10:23 AM
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 10:20 AM
  • Are you sure the two machines are absolutely identical? If not, then you should first check the differences between the two machines if that might explain the dirrent behaviors in different environments.
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 10:26 AM
  • I decide to reinstall VS 2008. But need to uninstall it completely from the system. Well come any help on uninstalling the VS 2008 professional completely. Because if we uninstall VS the legacy data remains I don’t know how this happen.

Thursday, June 21, 2012 10:43 AM
  • Radika,

If a development part runs on computer A but not on computer B then it is seldom a development problem. This are the Microsoft Developers forums you know.

If it is a technical problem then ask it in the Technet forums, 

http://technet.microsoft.com/forums

Be aware it can be something as a wrong or not installed framework version. Hard to say from the point of view of developers.

Success
    Cor

Friday, June 22, 2012 9:23 AM
  • Hi Radika,

Does this issue have been resolved yet? If not then please update the latest status for us and we could do more further help with you.

Best Regards,

Tony Xiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, July 6, 2012 9:44 AM
  • Hi i have reinstalled VS and now it’s ok. Thanks for all helping this on

Radika

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 4:29 AM