List of workflows RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to create a list of workflows , that have already executed. Anyone has any idea how to do this ?

arjun gupta

Friday, February 22, 2013 3:40 PM

Answers

• Could you clarify the question? The answer depends on how do you host and execute workflows.

In general I would suggest to create the custom Tracking Participant and log events somewhere (database, file system, memory....). For more info, see How to: Create a Custom Tracking Participant

• Marked as answer by arjun231005 Monday, February 25, 2013 8:54 AM
    Friday, February 22, 2013 8:25 PM
  • I don't think that it's good idea to use already executed workflows in this scenario. What if you need to introduce new workflow or discontinue existing workflow.

Why don't you want to mantain a list of available workflows in some configuration file or in database?

• Marked as answer by arjun231005 Monday, February 25, 2013 1:49 PM
    Monday, February 25, 2013 1:35 PM

All replies

• Could you clarify the question? The answer depends on how do you host and execute workflows.

In general I would suggest to create the custom Tracking Participant and log events somewhere (database, file system, memory....). For more info, see How to: Create a Custom Tracking Participant

• Marked as answer by arjun231005 Monday, February 25, 2013 8:54 AM
    Friday, February 22, 2013 8:25 PM
  • hello and than you very much for your response , i am very new at workflows so please give me some ideas.

I have an application where the user logins from a webpage and after that it selects a workflow for the approval of the payment.

What i want is to have a list of already executed workflow to help the user to choose a workflow for payment.

I have also attatched an image to make things clear.

arjun gupta

Monday, February 25, 2013 8:54 AM
  • I don't think that it's good idea to use already executed workflows in this scenario. What if you need to introduce new workflow or discontinue existing workflow.

Why don't you want to mantain a list of available workflows in some configuration file or in database?

• Marked as answer by arjun231005 Monday, February 25, 2013 1:49 PM
    Monday, February 25, 2013 1:35 PM
  • Thanks for the idea but how can i create a configuration file for the storing the workflows, is there any in built solution in windows workflow foundation.

arjun gupta

Monday, February 25, 2013 1:49 PM