none
How to add contact informations (title, website and notes) in Exchange 2010 ? [EWS] RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Today, i learn how to work with EWS to do a synchronization to Exchange 2010.

My synchronization is about contacts and i try to set some informations without success.

Especially, the "title", "Web Site" and "Notes" informations.

I success for the other informations but, after read documentations and forums, didn't success with these 3 info.

Here is my code : 

ExchangeService service = ..... 

Contact exchContact = new Contact(service);

exchContact.NickName = contact["NickName"].ToString();

exchContact.GivenName = contact["FirstName"].ToString();

exchContact.MiddleName = contact["MiddleName"].ToString();

exchContact.Surname = contact["LastName"].ToString();

There is no Members like "Title" or "Website" and i try to work with ExtendedPropertyDefinition like (for the title) 

ExtendedPropertyDefinition ep2 = new ExtendedPropertyDefinition(int.Parse("3A45",System.Globalization.NumberStyles.HexNumber), MapiPropertyType.String);

exchContact.SetExtendedProperty(ep2, contact["Title"].ToString())

I also try with a decimal or directly with an integer for the ExtendedPropertyDefinition Tag.

Can someone help me ? :)

Thanks 

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 4:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

here are the property definitions you need to use:
    private static readonly ExtendedPropertyDefinition TitleProperty = new ExtendedPropertyDefinition(0x3a45, MapiPropertyType.String);
    private static readonly ExtendedPropertyDefinition BusinessHomepageProperty = new ExtendedPropertyDefinition(0x3a51, MapiPropertyType.String);
    private static readonly ExtendedPropertyDefinition PersonalHomepageProperty = new ExtendedPropertyDefinition(0x3a50, MapiPropertyType.String);

The notes field is actually the body of the contact:

var contact = new Contact(service);
    contact.GivenName = "givenname";
    contact.Surname = "surname";
    contact.SetExtendedProperty(TitleProperty, "Dr.");
    contact.Body = new MessageBody(BodyType.Text, "notes");
    contact.Save(WellKnownFolderName.Contacts);

Kind regards,
    Henning
      "IDW.Antho" wrote in message news:36ff4564-641d-4b4d-a5ca-64100791338b@communitybridge.codeplex.com...
    Hi all,

My synchronization is about contacts and i try to set some informations without success.

I success for the other informations but, after read documentations and forums, didn't success with these 3 info.

Here is my code :

There is no Members like "Title" or "Website" and i try to work with ExtendedPropertyDefinition like (for the title)

ExtendedPropertyDefinition ep2 = new ExtendedPropertyDefinition(int.Parse("3A45",System.Globalization.NumberStyles.HexNumber), MapiPropertyType.String);

I also try with a decimal or directly with an integer for the ExtendedPropertyDefinition Tag.

Thanks

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 5:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

here are the property definitions you need to use:
    private static readonly ExtendedPropertyDefinition TitleProperty = new ExtendedPropertyDefinition(0x3a45, MapiPropertyType.String);
    private static readonly ExtendedPropertyDefinition BusinessHomepageProperty = new ExtendedPropertyDefinition(0x3a51, MapiPropertyType.String);
    private static readonly ExtendedPropertyDefinition PersonalHomepageProperty = new ExtendedPropertyDefinition(0x3a50, MapiPropertyType.String);

The notes field is actually the body of the contact:

var contact = new Contact(service);
    contact.GivenName = "givenname";
    contact.Surname = "surname";
    contact.SetExtendedProperty(TitleProperty, "Dr.");
    contact.Body = new MessageBody(BodyType.Text, "notes");
    contact.Save(WellKnownFolderName.Contacts);

Kind regards,
    Henning
      "IDW.Antho" wrote in message news:36ff4564-641d-4b4d-a5ca-64100791338b@communitybridge.codeplex.com...
    Hi all,

Here is my code :

Thanks

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 5:47 PM
  • Hello,

Thanks for your help.

I can now add the notes field, it's working.

But i always have some troubles with the ExtendedPropertyDefinition.

I declare and use them as you described to me but i didn't see there informations when i open my contact's details in Outlook and i cannot understand why.

Do you think there is another way to resolve this problem ?
    I see that CompleteName class exist, but it's read-only.

Thanks again for your time and your help.

Thursday, July 14, 2011 8:19 AM
  • Hi,

do you have problems with all extended properties? Please post your actual code..

Kind regards,
    Henning

"IDW.Antho" wrote in message news:697ecdc6-21c2-43db-a881-340b5db1bd29@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hello,

Thanks for your help.

I can now add the notes field, it's working.

But i always have some troubles with the ExtendedPropertyDefinition.

I declare and use them as you described to me but i didn't see there informations when i open my contact's details in Outlook and i cannot understand why.

Do you think there is another way to resolve this problem ?
    I see that CompleteName class exist, but it's read-only.

Thanks again for your time and your help.

Friday, July 15, 2011 5:49 AM