New Build host still doesn't work over ipv6 RRS feed

• Question

• User112992 posted

Hey, any way we could get this fixed for ipv6?

If i paste in an ipv6 address for the Mac, it looks like it connected successfully (but lists a weird IPv4 address). Then it fails during build. There is no reason SSH or Bonjour shouldn't work with IPv6. This should be an easy fix. Thanks!

Thursday, November 19, 2015 6:56 PM

All replies

• User13824 posted

When you get a moment, please do file a quick bug report / enhancement request for this issue. The initial report can be as simple as copy-pasting the text of your forum message verbatim into the long description, or you can elaborate a bit more if you like.

Thanks in advance!

Friday, November 20, 2015 1:11 AM
  • User112992 posted

Done! One thing I just noticed is that debugging works surprisingly fine, at least with the new build host - its actually just building the project which fails with socket exceptions.

Friday, November 20, 2015 11:52 PM
  • User13824 posted

Perfect thanks! I will now close this thread to consolidate any further discussion onto the Bug 36118 enhancement request.

(As always, I'm also happy to reopen the thread upon request within the next month or two. Just send a quick email to contact@xamarin.com with a link to this thread. For follow-up after the next couple of months, if the remaining related open bug reports or forum threads do not cover the desired scenario, please follow the recommendations to create a new bug report, forum thread, or Stack Overflow question. Thanks!)

Saturday, November 21, 2015 1:38 AM