Add link to the header of a panel being used with collapsiblePanelExtender RRS feed

• Question

• User1820622718 posted

Hello,

I'm creating my panels dynamically based on the number of rows of data from my stored procedure.

What I want to do is add a link to a pdf file on the header row, but everytime I press on the header row it opens the body panel for that header.

Is it possible to add links to a panel?   

Friday, February 26, 2016 9:44 PM

All replies

• User61956409 posted

Hi Jerry,

What I want to do is add a link to a pdf file on the header row, but everytime I press on the header row it opens the body panel for that header.

Is it possible to add links to a panel?   

If you’d like to open the PDF in panel content, you could try to specify a custom attribute for link button to store the file name, then you could find and display PDF file in content based on file name.

<asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server" data-fname="pdf1" OnClick="LinkButton1_Click">LinkButton</asp:LinkButton>
    protected void LinkButton1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        string fname = LinkButton1.Attributes["data-fname"];
    }

Best Regards,

Fei Han

Monday, February 29, 2016 3:25 AM
  • User1820622718 posted

Hi Fei,

Thank you for the reply.

I'm doing this in the C# code using a for loop based on the number of Items I need to create panels for. 

This is how the structure currently looks

<Update Panel>
      <panel>[THIS IS THE TITLE]    [PDF Link]</panel>
      <panel>Body</panel>
    </Update Panel>

The issue is when I click anywhere on the first panel it opens the body panel.  I can't click on the [pdf link].  There might be 50 records so that is 2 panels per record.

Thank you

Monday, February 29, 2016 1:37 PM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi Jerry,

The issue is when I click anywhere on the first panel it opens the body panel.  I can't click on the [pdf link]. 

Would you like to click the PDF link to open the PDF file in a new window? Besides, could you share us a simple sample to reproduce your problem?

Best Regards,

Fei Han

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:39 AM