none
progressbar control documentation error RRS feed

• General discussion

• Update:  I tried re-creating the following problem and I could not, so probably I had encountered some other problem. In other words, the following can probably be ignored.

See How to: Set the Value Displayed by the Windows Forms ProgressBar Control.

I think there is a documentation error in that. In "To set the ProgressBar value directly" it says "Set the ProgressBar control's Minimum and Maximum values." but that did not work for me. When I removed the code to set the Minimum property, I got no errors and I think it works. (The only reason I am not sure it works is that my code executes fast enough that I don't really need a progressbar.) So in other words, I think that to set the ProgressBar value directly, we only need to set the Maximum property then increment the Value property as needed.

Am I supposed to report this here or is there some other way I am supposed to report this? Am I supposed to use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page? In the past, I have used the link at the top that is for providing rating and feedback, but that seems to not be the way to report problems such as I describe.
    Sam Hobbs; see my SimpleSamples.Info
    Friday, November 7, 2008 7:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Sam,

You can report issues with the documentation in two ways.  If you're looking at offline content, you'll see a "Send Feedback" link at the bottom of the topic. This will allow you to send us an e-mail message and describe the issue.  If you're looking at online content, you can use the Rating and Feedback tool at the top of the topic ("Click to Rate and Give Feedback"). After you rate the topic, you can add your comments to the Feedback box and then click Send.  Either way, your feedback is received and reviewed by the documentation team.

Kathleen McGrath
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, November 10, 2008 9:11 PM