ASP.NET Mobile Web Forms RRS feed

• Question

• User390282140 posted

hie there,

I'm developing a mobile web forms using ASP.NET, I had set the location to http://localhost/DMP/Mobile. What is the location stands for actually?

If I wants to access the ASP.NET Mobile Web From on my pc from mobile phone VIA GPRS, what steps I supposed to follow?

Is the as long as i apply the location to mentioned above, connect my pc to internet connection, I'm able to access the Mobile Web Form from my pc??

What are the actual way of developing this kind of system

Thanks in advance.Your help is utmost appreciated!!!

Best regards

amygal

Friday, June 23, 2006 7:57 AM

All replies

• User-277473267 posted
    To access your application on your PC you'll need your IP number. If you click on your Internet connection status, and then choose  details tab you'll get you computers IP  address  under  Client IP  Address,   replace the localhost  with your  IP address and type whole address (it should look something  like this http://193.234.54.32/DMP/Mobile, where 193.234.54.32 should be replaced with your actual ip address) in your mobile phone and you should be able to see your web form on your  mobile phone. You might need to set some security settings on your PC's IIS  server first to access the web form since sometimes IIS doesn't accept outside users or you'll have to create an application from that web form project in IIS to be able to access it with your mobile phone
    Sunday, July 2, 2006 5:34 PM
  • User390282140 posted

dear urosverc

hie there, thanks for reply. But if I connect to the internet through a Local Area Network-bridge or switch, the IP given is considered as a LAN IP add, am I rite? I cant connect. I sucspect it is being sealed with firewall. Thus I tried on Hot Spot connection, other pc able to access the mobile web form resides on my pc which acts as server. Is that neccessary for me to connect to internet either through Dial Up or a dedicated connection line for hosting the websites in my web server?

Well, regarding the security Issue of IIS can I have a link to the reference?

Thanks again

best regard

amygal

Wednesday, July 5, 2006 10:16 AM