none
A generic error occurred in GDI+ RRS feed

• Question

• I am facing this exception in one of my projects.

The issue happens when a particular user locks and unlocks the screen. Its sporadic and happens in limited cases.

The threads online talks about permissions issues with the bitmap objects, but my application isnt accessing anything when the crash happens. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards Varun Gupta

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 7:41 AM

All replies

• What you application is doing then the crash happens? More details about the case might be helpful.
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 8:29 AM
  • The UI is idle.

The user locks the machine, and on unlocking Windows, the application throws this exception.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 2:10 PM
  • The UI is idle.

The user locks the machine, and on unlocking Windows, the application throws this exception.

So the error has nothing to do with your code? Nothing happens in your code when Windows is unlocked? Are you sure that the error is coming from your code? And if so can you provide the code sample where error occurs?
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 3:14 PM
  • Hi Varun,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

As Masasam said, since your application just failed on a particular machine, so please try to find out how different does it from the other works one. This is important to find the root cause.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, July 6, 2012 6:58 AM
  • Hi Mike, 

Thanks for the response. Our applications are running from within a remote citrix environment. The user needs to lock it manually using Ctrl-F1 (Alt-Ctrl-Del/Win L, once he unlocks the machine, the GDI+ Error appears.

I see a similar response on another thread:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/netfx64bit/thread/b264f257-d7cf-419c-90a5-a938c8fd647e/

But there is no resolution to it. Please suggest.

Friday, July 27, 2012 5:11 AM
  • Hi Varun,

Thank you for providing the repro operations.

Would you like to provide the following information:

1. What is your VS version? VS 2010? 2012?

2. What is the exception stack?

3. Would you like to make another test project to reproduce this scenario or post the related code here?

4. Since your application just failed on a particular machine, would you like to tell us the differences from the other works one. 

Thank you.

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, July 30, 2012 6:16 AM