syncing access database from 2 client side to sql azure RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

i have migrated my access 2010 database using following tool

Microsoft SQL Server Migration Assistant for Access  v5.2

after migrating i would like to like to enter data from another client pc.. using access

how i do this??

can i send same file (migrated access file) to my client pc ??

after this... how can i manage datasync from both site ( client pc and my pc)

regards...

Friday, September 7, 2012 5:29 PM

Answers

• HI Akshar,

I am not sure your full intention here.

Are you trying to achieve a solution for multiple-times data migration or automatic data sync between access dbs on two clients?

If you are thinking data migration, you can copy your access db from one client to another, do some data change and leverage SSMA to migrate data from Access to Azure again.

If you are thinking data sync scenario that leveraging Windows Azure SQL Database as a central database and keeping data sync between your access dbs on two clients, there is no easy solution for you to achieve that yet.

One solution might be directly linking access to azure db. After that, you can just use access to visit data with azure db as backend. So you don't need to worry about syncing access db on your two clients.

Or if you don't want to use access to change azure data directly, you can consider deploying sql server on your two clients -> leverage sql data sync to setup sync group containing your azure db and two client sql server dbs -> link access to sql servers on your two clients. But this solution will obviously increase your cost.

Thanks,

Jarod Zhu   

• Marked as answer by Iric Wen Wednesday, September 19, 2012 2:16 AM
    Sunday, September 9, 2012 3:48 AM

All replies

• HI Akshar,

I am not sure your full intention here.

Are you trying to achieve a solution for multiple-times data migration or automatic data sync between access dbs on two clients?

If you are thinking data migration, you can copy your access db from one client to another, do some data change and leverage SSMA to migrate data from Access to Azure again.

If you are thinking data sync scenario that leveraging Windows Azure SQL Database as a central database and keeping data sync between your access dbs on two clients, there is no easy solution for you to achieve that yet.

One solution might be directly linking access to azure db. After that, you can just use access to visit data with azure db as backend. So you don't need to worry about syncing access db on your two clients.

Or if you don't want to use access to change azure data directly, you can consider deploying sql server on your two clients -> leverage sql data sync to setup sync group containing your azure db and two client sql server dbs -> link access to sql servers on your two clients. But this solution will obviously increase your cost.

Thanks,

Jarod Zhu   

• Marked as answer by Iric Wen Wednesday, September 19, 2012 2:16 AM
    Sunday, September 9, 2012 3:48 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you...

i am trying second option...

regards...

Akshar

Sunday, September 9, 2012 7:31 AM