Visual Studio 2010 TFS & SSISDB Catalog RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am seeking a help to understand something on Visual Studio 2010 TFS and SSISDB Catalog.

Current Scenario:

At present we are using TFS via Visual Studio 2010 to manage our File System based SSIS packages. We are running SQL server 2008 R2.

We have Parent Controller Packages and Child packages. We have package level parameters which pass from Parent to Child packages. We have a directory structure like below:

Project Folder : ProjectXYZ

Sub Folders    : Sales

Files              : SaleController Package.dtsx

GetCustomer.dtsx

GetSales.dtsx

Sub Folders    : Purchase

Files              : Purchase Controller Package.dtsx

GetPurchase.dtsx

We are planning to upgrade to SQL Server 2016 and want to leverage Project Parameters. Also I would like to know if I use SSISDB Catalog, how it will fit in with TFS. To my understanding SSISDB Catalog itself manages deployment & versioning (to some extent).

Seeking experts help/reference to readable on the same.

Regards

Gurpreet Sethi

Regards Gursethi Blog: http://gursethi.blogspot.com/ ++++ Please mark "Propose As Answer" if my answer helped ++++

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 4:12 AM

All replies

• Hi GURSETHI,

Thank you for posting here.

Could you please clarify your question again? I don't understand what you want TFS to do? It seems that your have some SSIS packages files and you use Visual Studio to check them to TFS, am I right?

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 15, 2016 4:28 AM