Problem with Windows App Certification Kit

Question

• I have a strange problem with one of my Universal Apps. The App is a Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 8.1 c# app that supports English, French and Italian.

All of a sudden the Store App for Windows 8.1 has started failing the validation, giving the following errors in French (Why? the Windows environment and the development environment are English UK...) with the following errors:

ÉCHEC
    App resources validation
      • Erreur détectée : Le test de validation des ressources de l'application a détecté les erreurs suivantes :
        • Image reference "Assets\Square30x30Logo.png": The image "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\19285PGMApps.EpubReader_4.0.2.5_x64__s0ng63f66gwhj\Assets\Square70x70Logo.scale-100.png" failed the size restrictions of 30 X 30.
        • Image reference "Assets\Square150x150Logo.png": The image "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\19285PGMApps.EpubReader_4.0.2.5_x64__s0ng63f66gwhj\Assets\Square310x310Logo.scale-100.png" failed the size restrictions of 150 X 150.
        • Image reference "Assets\WideLogo.png": The image "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\19285PGMApps.EpubReader_4.0.2.5_x64__s0ng63f66gwhj\Common\ReadMe.txt" is not a valid image file.
        • Image reference "Assets\Square310x310Logo.png": The image "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\19285PGMApps.EpubReader_4.0.2.5_x64__s0ng63f66gwhj\Assets\StoreLogo.scale-100.png" failed the size restrictions of 310 X 310.
      • Image reference "Assets\SplashScreen.png": The image "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\19285PGMApps.EpubReader_4.0.2.5_x64__s0ng63f66gwhj\Assets\Square30x30Logo.scale-100.png" failed the size restrictions of 620 X 300.
    • Impact si aucune correction n'est effectuée :     Il se peut que l'installation de l'application échoue si les chaînes de caractères ou images déclarées dans le manifeste de votre application sont incorrectes. Si l'application est installée avec ces erreurs, il se peut que le logo de votre application ou d'autres images utilisées par votre application ne soient pas affichés correctement.  
    • Comment corriger : Résolvez le problème indiqué par le message d'erreur. Voir le lien ci-dessous pour plus d'informations :
      Validation de ressources AppX

The visual assets listed in the error messages do not correspond to the visual assets in the manifest' as an example, the first error line states that "Assets\Square30x30Logo.png": The image "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\19285PGMApps.EpubReader_4.0.2.5_x64__s0ng63f66gwhj\Assets\Square70x70Logo.scale-100.png" failed the size restrictions of 30 X 30" but the manifest lists correctly that the 30x30 visual asset is indeed

Square30x30Logo="Assets\Square30x30Logo.png"

and the file exists in the Assets folder and is indeed a 30x30 pixel file

I do not understand the error nor do I have a viable solution. The Windows Phone side of the app compiles and tests fine.

Windows is updated to the latest version. and so are VS2013 and the App Certification SDK.

If I deploy the App from Visual Studio and then run the App Certification everything is ok on all versions (x64, x86 and Arm)/

Can anybody out there please help?

• Edited by pmariotti Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:30 AM
    Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:05 AM

All replies

• Does it fail like this on multiple machines, or just one?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, August 21, 2014 7:31 PM
  • I have tried it on two other machines, the first one having exactly the same software configuration and updates as my development machine, and the second one being a virtual machine with a fresh install of windows, vs2013 with update 3 and the latest update of the app certification SDK. The results are identical.

Thursday, August 21, 2014 8:44 PM