Disable onmouseover hover function on specific cells in gridview RRS feed

• Question

• User-809753952 posted

I am using the following code to change row color onmouseover. This changes the color of the entire row. Can I disable it for a particular cell,  for example, the first cell of the row? The background color  of the first cell should remain unchanged.

If e.Row.RowType = System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataControlRowType.DataRow Then             
                    e.Row.Attributes.Add("onmouseover", "this.originalstyle=this.style.backgroundColor;this.style.backgroundColor='#def0d8'")
                    e.Row.Attributes.Add("onmouseout", "this.style.backgroundColor=this.originalstyle;")
            End If

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 9:10 AM

All replies

• User-943250815 posted

Easy way, instead of add events on row, add to cells

Dim rowCells As TableCellCollection = e.Row.Cells
    For Each cell As TableCell In rowCells
      cell.Attributes.Add("onmouseover", "this.originalstyle=this.style.backgroundColor;this.style.backgroundColor='#def0d8'")
    cell.Attributes.Add("onmouseout", "this.style.backgroundColor=this.originalstyle;") Next

Hard way, would be make a function to check on what table cell is over

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 2:29 PM
  • User-1716253493 posted

Simply use the attributes in the cells instead

If e.Row.RowType = System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataControlRowType.DataRow Then             
         e.Row.Cells(0).Attributes.Add("onmouseover", "this.originalstyle=this.style.backgroundColor;this.style.backgroundColor='#def0d8'")
         e.Row.Cells(0).Attributes.Add("onmouseout", "this.style.backgroundColor=this.originalstyle;")
    End If

If you have many cells, use iteration to set the attributes, skip the cell you want

Thursday, February 28, 2019 6:22 AM
  • User-809753952 posted

I want to disable onmouseover function on the first cell. But the first cell has rowspan attribute which is set code behind.

So I cannot use  e.Row.Cells(0).Attributes.Add(....

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 1:36 PM
  • User-943250815 posted

What about this way. I mean check if cell has ColumnSpan Attribute

For Each c As TableCell In e.Row.Cells
     If c.ColumnSpan > 0 Then
      c.Attributes.Remove("<attribute>")
     End If
    Next

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 12:10 AM