none
Small Basic in Hebrew RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I've encountered Small Basic about a year ago, and eagerly waited until there will be an Hebrew translation, so I could teach it to my son.

Today I re-checked the issue, and was happy to see the Hebrew version "Introducing Small Basic" PDF.

Furthermore, in this guide there are Small Basic screenshots, with Hebrew interface and IntelliSense.

However, when I installed the program, it seems that it still doesn't support Hebrew.

--

Have I missed something in the download / configuration?

Is there some sort of Hebrew Beta?  (after all, there are Hebrew screenshots...)

When is Hebrew expected?

Thanks!

Zvika

Sunday, October 24, 2010 10:17 AM

Answers

All replies

• The new Small Basic release v. 0.91 that includes Hebrew translation is available now: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/smallbasic/archive/2010/11/17/small-basic-v0-91-is-more-international-than-ever.aspx

Thursday, November 18, 2010 1:02 AM
  • Thanks!

I found a small typo in the Hebrew translation -  a missing letter (י).

There was unexpected semi-colon at end of line, so the following error was issued:

"אסימון ; בלתי צפו במיקום זה"

However, it should have been:

"אסימון ; בלתי צפוי במיקום זה"

Thanks again for great work!

Zvika

Thursday, November 18, 2010 9:33 AM
  • can you tell me exactly where you see this typo Hebrew string?

what's the English term for this translation? 

A screenshot will be very helpful to find the source. It could be from Small Basic side or it could also be from the .Net Framework. Either cway I can file a bug and if it was from Small Basic then it could be fixed on the next release.

Thanks 

Thursday, November 18, 2010 10:04 AM
  • This is my code:

TextWindow.WriteLine("Zvika");

With English edition, I receive the following error:

Unexpected token ; found.

With Hebrew edition, this is the error:

.אסימון ; בלתי צפו במיקום זה

The English "unexpected" should be Hebrew "בלתי צפוי".

I.e., the expected error in Hebrew is:

.אסימון ; בלתי צפוי במיקום זה

I'd post a screenshot, but I don't how to paste images / attach files to this forum.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 10:24 AM
  • no screenshot needed. Your repro step is perfect. I will take the screenshot myself for the bug.

Good catch! Let me know if you found any other bug.

Thanks

Thursday, November 18, 2010 10:47 AM
  • Hi, Just saw this now, I've caught another small issue at the help, and I also have some fixes for the book, let me know if an update is coming close (the translator)

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:35 AM
  • Can you send me an email at : stbicloc@microsoft.com? I will follow up with the issue to make sure that we will fix it and when we republish the updated document.

Thanks.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:19 PM
  • Hi.

I've re-visited this issue, and it's still not fixed.

(after almost 4 years...)

Thanks,

Zvika

Sunday, August 17, 2014 5:55 PM
  • There hasn't been a release of SB for a few years, but I believe there is one being worked on now.

I have added this to the list of bugs in the documentation section here.  This wiki article is where bugs and other errors are being collated.

Thanks for re-raising this - hopefully your post is in good time for it to be fixed.

Sunday, August 17, 2014 6:10 PM
  • What other bugs are there for the in-app Help?

Robi mentioned finding another one. Zvika, have you found any others?

Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure & Power BI Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 12:02 AM
    Owner