none
Minimize VS 2015 Pro IDE on Run

Question

• I don't know why this is so difficult to find or why it was removed.  I had been using this feature regularly in VS 10, but haven't been able to find it since then.  Does anyone have knowledge on this?

Much Appreciated!

Glenn T. Kitchen VB.NET Forums

Saturday, October 15, 2016 5:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Naturally, you could also select “minimized” to have the program start that way instead. Create a desktop shortcut for your VS2015.

Right click the VS2015 and click properties, set run as Minimized.

But this option is not available for VS2015, even if I have set this option. When launch the Visual Studio. It still run with the normal window.

For this , I logged this issue to Microsoft Connect. You can vote it and add your comments.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/3106958

You can vote it and add your comments.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Sunday, October 16, 2016 2:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Naturally, you could also select “minimized” to have the program start that way instead. Create a desktop shortcut for your VS2015.

Right click the VS2015 and click properties, set run as Minimized.

But this option is not available for VS2015, even if I have set this option. When launch the Visual Studio. It still run with the normal window.

For this , I logged this issue to Microsoft Connect. You can vote it and add your comments.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/3106958

You can vote it and add your comments.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Sunday, October 16, 2016 2:08 AM
  • Thanks for your reply Lake Xiao!

I apologize for the time it took me to reply, but for some reason I'm not recieving email messages when one replies.

I wasn't clear enough on my question.  What I meant was; when one executes their developed solution/Project, how do you have the IDE minimize itself such that you can view your application clearly?  This was easy to do, I think even the default, in 2010.

Thanks again and have a very happy New Year!

Glenn

Glenn T. Kitchen VB.NET Forums

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 1:28 PM
  • Glenn,

If you run your project with debugging, you can use Minimize Visual Studio on Debugging extension for Visual Commander.

If you run without debugging, I think you can listen for the Debug.StartWithoutDebugging command execution (as described in the Monitor commands execution extension) and perform

DTE.MainWindow.WindowState = EnvDTE.vsWindowState.vsWindowStateMinimize; there.

Sergey Vlasov | Vlasov Studio | Visual Studio add-ins, extensions and tools

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 6:20 AM