none
Cant update my app from WP8.1 package to a W10 package

    Question

  • Hey people, here is my problem.

    I uploaded a game to the store, with a WP8.1 package, no problem.

    I also updated the game twice, no problem while I was using a WP8.1 package.


    But then I tried to upload a W10 version of the game.Everytime I upload my package, I get the same errors:

    Invalid package family name: 59437GhostPhoenixGames.WrathofArmies_dayddyyakghq4 (expected:)
    Invalid package publisher name: CN=Ghost Phoenix Games (expected: CN=)


    I have already checked my manifest file, everything is fine!In the manifest I have all the values of the App Identity page!

    Only when I upload my game, these errors are ocurring.I don't know what to do, please help me!

    Wednesday, November 9, 2016 3:23 PM

All replies

  • Hello,

    Before creating your UWP package, have you associated it with the Store, which will sync the identity info automatically?

    Since you have checked your manifest, the value should be accurate. So maybe you upload the incorrect package file, I mean maybe you have corrected the value and rebuild it to create a new package but you browse and upload a file in which the identity value is still incorrect in Dashboard.

    You might refer to this thread and double check it. 

    If you're faced with the same issue, would you mind providing any screenshot that may help me to reproduce your issue?

    Thank you.

    Best regards,

    Mattew Wu 


    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

    Thursday, November 10, 2016 9:52 AM
    Moderator
  • Thanks for the reply!I figured it out how to solve the problem!!

    As I said, all the manifest info were fine, also, I was uploading the correct files to the store, I double checked the file location and date/time created, everything was ok!

    But there is a detail:When I created the package to submit to the store, I always clicked in the first sync option, "Yes(as GameName from DeveloperName)".To solve the problem I only needed to choose the second sync option "Yes(using a new app name)" then re-select the same game in my apps list, then generate the packages.I think this is a bug, because I need to select the same game in the list to import the right values everytime I want to generate a package.

    Anyway, thanks!


    Thursday, November 10, 2016 5:29 PM