Read sharepoint list values from infopath 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have designed a Info Path form. I have a Contacts list in SharePOint 2007. I need to read email ID's of Contacts list from my Info Path form and send them emails along my form render in their email body, not as an attachment. My ques:

1) how can i read SharePoint list items from Info Path?

2) How I can send form in email body section rather than attachment?

3) I need to save the information from users who submit the form (who received emails) into a SharePoint list?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,
    -Gautham
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 5:34 PM

All replies

1. Create a receive data connection to that Contacts list
    2. When you create the email submit data connection, choose the "current view" option instead of attachment option
    3. Save which information?

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Friday, September 30, 2011 3:24 AM
  • Hi Clayton,

Thanks for your reply.

2) I need to distribute empty form to all users in the list. How can I do this ?. How to I pass all the email ID's that i get from the SharePoint. Since it is a repeatable. It is only reading first.

3) I need to save information into a Excel sheet, once people submit their forms.

Guide me, how can i implement this. Do you want me to keep Excel file on the SP server or physical location??

Give me idea how to save values to a excel. All inputs should go in one excel file only. If you have code to do it. Please paste it here.

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks,

-Gautham

Friday, September 30, 2011 2:36 PM
  • Neither are reasonable requirements, imo.  SharePoint and InfoPath aren't built to do either of those requirements.
    SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 2:07 AM
  • when you publish a form, there is an option for you to distribute the form to a list of emails.

After you receive the form, there is a way to merge certain data: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/infopath-help/merge-forms-HP001096846.aspx for more details.

Hopefully this helps.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 3:37 PM