Sharepoint/Infopath Web Forms with Custom Approve or Reject Buttons RRS feed

• Question

• Creating a simple IT request form (PC, Laptop ETC) .. User selects what they want and clicks submit.. work flow looks up the user's manager and sends them an email .. on the Form I have to buttons (custom objects from InfoPath) Approve and Reject.. My Issue is how to have those buttons tell the current document to approve or reject .. If I have it update a field to true and submit it creates a new document with the new users name.. what are the rules i need to just have it update the current form?? Very New to Sharepoint 

Thursday, September 27, 2012 1:41 PM

All replies

• Hi My Friend

I think what you should do create the form in infopath based on requirement.

You publish the form template as a content type in a form library.So that when user will click the new button they will get a new form.

Allow users to fill the form and submit that form. 

In that form library set the workflow so that whenever a new item will be added it will kick off automatically.

Set your approvers in the workflow, let them see the form and based on your business requirement let your approvers decide whether to approve it or reject it

If it is rejected then cancel the workflow.

This should be easy to implement I believe.

Sunday, September 30, 2012 1:19 AM