none
Another invalid resx file problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I get this error whenever I edit something in a toolstrip control.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error  Invalid Resx file. Could not load type System.Collections.Generic.List`1[[Mine_Field.MapTile, Mine Field, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]], mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 which is used in the .RESX file.  Ensure that the necessary references have been added to your project. Line 408, position 5. Mine Field C:\Users\ (user)\Documents\vb .net\Mine Field bad 4\Mine Field\Form1.resx 408 

There is nothing on that line in the resx file that I see as  problem. The list in the msg is just a list of the class MapTile and should be ok as it works fine, then I change a button on the toolstrip control to .visible = true in the designer and now invalid resx file and somehow the project wont run now and it somehow gets saved that way even though I dont save the project it is now stuck on this error if I exit and reopen.

I go to a backup and set .visible in code and works.

If I delete the button in the toolstrip then I get the error.

Just something bad with the toolstrip control. If I add a button or make any kind of change to the toolstrip  I get this error.

I dont see how it could be related to the class maptile but??

Any ideas? If I delete the resx file does it get rebuilt if I save or build the project?

I guess I can remake the form but any other ideas?

VS 2015, win7 64 bit.

Wont open in vs 2010 either.

As long as I don't edit the toolstrip the project seems fine.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 4:28 PM

Answers

• Update: The error occurs if I modify the form like moving any controls.

It appears the error is occurring in the designer because it cant load the picturebox class due to other dependencies.

So the problem is due to my bad coding somehow of course.

I worked around it by removing the control from the form designer in a backup and creating the picturebox with code. I will have to study the proper method to make my control class do what I want.

I have removed earlier details I posted.
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 8:41 PM