DssProjectMigration questions RRS feed

• Question

• It seems like DssProjectMigration does not fix the XML documentation file path when upgrading source code between RDS versions.  Is this by design?

It has been identified in some forum posts that DssProjectMigration will delete any custom post-build steps.  It would be great if this type of thing was mentioned in the DssProjectMigration documentation. It would be even better if DssProjectMigration could detect that there is more than one line to the post-build steps and output a warning that some possible custom steps will be lost.

Also, is there a way to inhibit DssProjectMigration from creating a proxy for a project?  perhaps if the project has no DSS references, or maybe if [assembly: dss.ServiceDeclaration(dss.DssServiceDeclaration.NonDssService)] is declared?

Thanks,
    -Ben
    www.coroware.com
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 2:43 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the feedback Ben. I will have to investigate, but I suspect that these might be bugs.

Trevor
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 5:32 AM

All replies

• It looks like DssProjectMigration also does not modify the HintPath for references.  So it is possible that references to CCR and DSS will still point to old 1.5 versions instead of the 2.0 versions when upgrading code...
    www.coroware.com
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 9:45 PM
  • Thanks for the feedback Ben. I will have to investigate, but I suspect that these might be bugs.

Trevor
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 5:32 AM