ClientSettings class not found in UIAComWrapper in VS 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In VS 2012, we referred "UIAutomationClient" and "UIAutomationTypes" dlls. We want to migrate our project to VS 2013. 

We have updated our project to use "UIAComWrapper" instead of UIAutomationClient and UIAutomationTypes.  But, our project compilation is failing because there is no "ClientSettings.RegisterClientSideProviderAssembly" in UIAComWrapper.

We want to know where can the class ClientSettings be found other than UIAutomationClient?  We do not want to use UIAutomationClient or UIAutomationTypes because we are getting other compilation errors like "System.Windows.Automation.AutomationElement is present in both UIAutomationClient or UIAComWrapper".

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Rajendar

Monday, June 2, 2014 1:36 PM

Answers

• Hi Rajendar,

Since the provided suggestion did not help you, I have no other good suggestions because I am not an expert on Windows Automation Development and does not have related technologies. In order to resolve your issue as soon as possible, I suggest consulting your issue on Windows Desktop Development for Accessibility and Automation forum: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/home?forum=windowsaccessibilityandautomation because your issue is about Windows Automation Development rather than Visual Studio testing itself.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Rajendar M Tuesday, June 3, 2014 9:11 AM
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 7:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Only UIAutomationClient has the class ClientSettings. I suggest using UIAutomationClient. As for the issue like System.Windows.Automation.AutomationElement is present in both UIAutomationClient or UIAComWrapper occurred when you use UIAutomationClient, you can alias the reference to UIAutomationClient to resolve it. For the detailed solution, please see this thread:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/fe69ee5f-77d0-4888-8797-70230edcab5b/problem-upgrading-to-visual-studio-2013-uiacomwrapperdll?forum=vstest

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 6:51 AM
  • Hi Crystal Zhu,

I did that but I saw the problems at run time that's why I don't like to use "UIAutomationClient" dll.

Is there another solution. Aliases is not the correct solution in my cases.

Regards,

Rajendar.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 6:56 AM
  • Hi Rajendar,

Since the provided suggestion did not help you, I have no other good suggestions because I am not an expert on Windows Automation Development and does not have related technologies. In order to resolve your issue as soon as possible, I suggest consulting your issue on Windows Desktop Development for Accessibility and Automation forum: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/home?forum=windowsaccessibilityandautomation because your issue is about Windows Automation Development rather than Visual Studio testing itself.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

• Marked as answer by Rajendar M Tuesday, June 3, 2014 9:11 AM
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 7:06 AM
  • Hi Crystal Zhu,

Thank you for information I have posted query in that forum.

Regards,

Rajendar.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 9:11 AM