Metro UI applications

Question

• I have watched the Windows build video just from minutes,And I wondered about something,There was an application on the windows interface called `Videos` On which he could enter to see videos on his PC,And I as having windows 8 too never seen this app,And didn't find it when I searched for it! ,Is is access limited for the time ??? Or will it be downloadable when the store opens?,And in this case when will the store open?

Many thanks;

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 3:06 PM

Answers

• Not all components that were shown in the Build Conference are in the Pre Release version of the Windows Developer Preview. The features and functionality in the prerelease software may also not appear in the final version.

Sorry, but we don't have a timeline of when the Windows Store will be open.

Thanks,

Marilyn
    • Marked as answer by Michael Nashat Wednesday, November 2, 2011 9:24 AM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 5:01 PM
  • Marilyn is right, many applications shown at the //BUILD/ conference are not available in the Developer Preview. This includes the Videos app. In the released Developer Preview, it simply does not exist. As for when the Windows Store opens, I don't know for certain, but I would expect its launch to coincide with the introduction of the Windows 8 Beta. Many other features shown at //BUILD/, such as semantic zoom on the Start Screen, also do not exist in the Developer Preview. The purpose of the Developer Preview is primarily intended to show what the platform is capable of; it is not nearly feature complete.
    • Proposed as answer by WindowsVista567 Wednesday, November 2, 2011 1:58 AM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 1:58 AM

All replies

• Not all components that were shown in the Build Conference are in the Pre Release version of the Windows Developer Preview. The features and functionality in the prerelease software may also not appear in the final version.

Sorry, but we don't have a timeline of when the Windows Store will be open.

Thanks,

Marilyn
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 5:01 PM
  • Marilyn is right, many applications shown at the //BUILD/ conference are not available in the Developer Preview. This includes the Videos app. In the released Developer Preview, it simply does not exist. As for when the Windows Store opens, I don't know for certain, but I would expect its launch to coincide with the introduction of the Windows 8 Beta. Many other features shown at //BUILD/, such as semantic zoom on the Start Screen, also do not exist in the Developer Preview. The purpose of the Developer Preview is primarily intended to show what the platform is capable of; it is not nearly feature complete.
    • Proposed as answer by WindowsVista567 Wednesday, November 2, 2011 1:58 AM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 1:58 AM