Creating first windows app c++ samples dont work (links included)

Question

• Hey guys,

I was following this tutorial: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh465045.aspx

I did both line by line implementation of the reader, and downloaded the source code and built it. Both built fine on win32 native setup. But both had the same runtime errors. 

This code is straight of the microsoft tutorial, and its a shame it doesnt work, atleast for me.

Could someone verify this and if you know what the problem is, please enlighten me.

Thanks.

Friday, November 23, 2012 4:36 AM

All replies

• I remember doing this tutorial, and everything worked for me, maybe you missed a step.
    Friday, November 23, 2012 12:35 PM
  • Like i said, I tried straight up downloading the whole source code and building it. It gave me errors during runtime.

Im using Win8x64Pro, and I built the SimpleBlogReader using VS2012 Native Only win32 setup.

No one has had this issue?

Friday, November 23, 2012 3:43 PM
  • I haven't tried it personally, but if you could post your problem more people might be able to help.

Friday, November 23, 2012 7:15 PM
  • I have a similar problem. Just post the error code received / screenshot. Does the XAML designer work ? Does installing a windows store app works ? I can't do these 2 things, I reported the problem to microsoft, they verified my windows for a bit, but a fix is not yet ready so... I kinda have to reinstall windows to fix this... sucks...

PS: this was caused by a BSOD, which was caused by Avira antivirus.

Monday, November 26, 2012 4:42 AM