none
capacity planning RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Everybody,

We are planning to create a website which need to support 3 lakh concurrent users.

I am going through the capacity planning phase and need to validate my caluclation through POC.I am not able to identify the tool to test performance for the same.Can somebody please help me in this, as whether we can use Application center and Jmeter for this much user base and whether there will be any areas which will not be tested by  these tools.

Cheers

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 11:17 PM

All replies

• I have used tools like LoadRunner (Mercury->HP) in the past for load testing applications to the volume of couple thousand and used statistical extrapolation to create models on projected load and bottlenecks based on CPU, Network, Database, IO utilization, etc.,...  This could be more of a theoritical answer than what you may expect, but thats all I have got for now Smile

Thursday, July 17, 2008 4:39 AM
  • Ya, but can i use Application center (provide with Visual Studio IDE) for all t he purpose you have mentioned in your mail like Network,Database,IOutilization etc.

Thanks

TA123

Thursday, July 17, 2008 7:15 AM
  • I have not played around with Application center.  If it provides similar set of information, then yes...

Thursday, July 17, 2008 10:02 PM