403 - The website declined to show this webpage RRS feed

• Question

• User836698845 posted

Hi, 

I've been for 2 day, looking (in the worng places....) and found no solution or something that would help me to solve this problem.

This is the scenario: IIS 6 + ASP.NET 2.0 WebSite, Default Web Site with Some Virtual Directories...

With one of those Virtual directories, I have an issue. I log the user (web.config with Forms Authentication, IIS with Anonimous Access, directory browsin), go to a menu page, click on a button to redirect to another page and there I have a form with a button.

When I click the button I get the  

The website declined to show this webpage

HTTP 403 <div class="divider"></div>

Most likely causes:

• This website requires you to log in.

What you can try:

Go back to the previous page.Go back to the previous page.
    More information More information&lt;ID id="moreInformation"&gt;More information&lt;/ID&gt;
    <div id="infoBlockID" class="infoBlock">

This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

</div>

This is happening if I access the site from  www.sitexpto.com/testsite  There is nothing in the event viewer also.

If I access and login by IP address 123.123.123.123/testsite (inside the company infrastructure) I can login, menu, redirect to page with the form and button, and when I click the button everything works.

I may be looking in the wrong direction, but If someone could give me some advice...I'm starting to go crazy...for real.

Thank you in advance

Monday, July 7, 2014 6:57 PM

All replies

• User-734925760 posted

Hi,

According to your description and the error message, first you should make sure you have the permissions for those page.

Second, I suggest you clearing your browser's cache and clearing your browser's cookies.

There are some solutions about this error message, please refer to the link below:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/403error.htm

Hope it's useful for you.

Best Regards,

Michelle Ge

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 6:07 AM
  • User836698845 posted

Thank you.

Found that it is the external firewall that is blocking the access with SQL Inejection error messas. Now I have to see why...since there is no query strings, or sql commands in clear or in the page.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 8:04 AM