Cannot find type System.SystemException in module mscorlib.dll in uisng oracle database

Question

• i am building a windows store application with oracle database in visual studio 2012 . it is showing a compile time error "Cannot find type System.SystemException in module mscorlib.dll ". how am i supposed to get rid of this? i have included a reference  of Oracle.DataAccess.dll in the references. urgent solution needed.

It is a windows store app.

thank you !

• Edited by sagar0581 Friday, October 3, 2014 5:39 PM
    Friday, October 3, 2014 5:36 PM

Answers

• You cannot just pick and choose a DLL compiled for the "full" .NET Framework and make it run with your Windows Store app. Windows Store app does not expose the full .NET Runtime for use.

In short, it is not supported.

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Friday, October 3, 2014 10:13 PM

All replies

• You cannot just pick and choose a DLL compiled for the "full" .NET Framework and make it run with your Windows Store app. Windows Store app does not expose the full .NET Runtime for use.

In short, it is not supported.

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Friday, October 3, 2014 10:13 PM
  • what else  i am supposed to use to access the oracle database? 

sagar agarwal

Saturday, October 4, 2014 6:51 AM
  • You will need to contact the vendor of the DLL to understand if they have a Windows Store compatible component available which will let you interact with the Oracle database.

There is no direct database support for Windows Store apps.

Monday, October 6, 2014 5:51 PM