Securiy Center API RRS feed

• Question

• I have read this question: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-MY/windowssecurity/thread/bd97d9e6-75c1-4f58-9573-9009df5de19b.

Original poster didn't answer but i can answer for him. That code doesn't work, software doesn't appear in security (action) center list and after reboot Windows delete

WMI record.

Is there some secret Security Center API that programmer nees to know?

Friday, July 6, 2012 11:40 AM

Answers

• You need to sign a non-disclosure agreement with Microsoft to get access to the provider API if you are not targeting Windows 8. 

The WMI script you linked to is for pre-Vista SP1 version of security center. 

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP

Sunday, July 8, 2012 5:06 AM

All replies

• You need to sign a non-disclosure agreement with Microsoft to get access to the provider API if you are not targeting Windows 8. 

The WMI script you linked to is for pre-Vista SP1 version of security center. 

Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP

Sunday, July 8, 2012 5:06 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

I think you give wrong link to non-disclosure agreement, it guides to the thread i mentioned in original post.

Sunday, July 8, 2012 10:45 AM
  • Yes that thread has the contact information for the NDA. 

Visual C++ MVP

Sunday, July 8, 2012 2:23 PM
  • Thanks you very much for the help!

May I ask why you said "get access to the provider API if you are not targeting Windows 8". What's up with Windows 8?

Monday, July 9, 2012 10:19 AM
  • Windows 8 has exposed some COM APIs for the security center

Visual C++ MVP

Monday, July 9, 2012 12:46 PM