none
keyboard and mouse are not responsing after first OS boot, during installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a new model of SBC, trying to install WES7 64 bit.

Using full IBW, the installation process goes well, but after first boot from the OS (not the PE), the keyboard and mouse stop responding.

The manufacturer saids:

"Add the following drivers to you image:

INF-usb

INT-usbhub3

I can't find these drivers on the distribution share.

Where can I find them.

How can I add the drivers to the configuration file via ICE?

Thanks,

Avi Wertheimer

Saturday, July 18, 2015 7:13 AM

Answers

• Chapter 10 provides examples on where to place the driver files in the out-of-box folders.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Monday, July 20, 2015 5:03 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks your help was great.

To help other guys, I will describe the problem and solution:

OS is WES7

the SBC is MIO-2263 from Advantech

Note: As writen in the MIO-2263 Startup manual, the SBC support only 64 OS By default

The problem: during standard installation with IBW or using ICE, after first OS boot, the keyboard and mouse stop responding

Reason: the USB3 driver is new and is not included in the Distribution share

Solution:

Driver is found at advantech web site under MIO-2263 and it is under folder with name: "other"

within "other" folder, the driver is located at the following path

Other\USB3.0\Windows 7\x64\3.0.0.19\SetupUSB3\Drivers\xHCI\Win7\x64

Installation with IBW:

mark the Modify Driver with V

after Next, click Browse and go to the above path (assuming you copy it to your installation media

Installation with ICE

Make sure you have the device.pmq

create folder for the driver as Sean explained.

thanks

Avi Wertheimer

Monday, July 20, 2015 5:58 PM

All replies

• I think the manufacturer is calling out WES8 driver modules - not WES7 since WES7 doesn't have internal support for USB 3.0. If this is a USB 3.0 port, then you are going to have to add the USB 3.0 drivers to the image.

What is the make and model of the board?

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Saturday, July 18, 2015 6:20 PM
  • Hi,SBC is MIO 2263 from advantech

I tried to connect the keyboard and mouse to every port but all are not responding

Their answer was - add the following dirvers to the image

INF-usb

INF-usbhub3

I believe I have to extract them from the drivers package of advantech and put it in to Distribution share and add them to configuration file

But I dont know how to add the drivers with ICE nor IBW

Based on the fact that I red you WES7 book, cover to cover, Can you provide general guideline

Thanks

Avi

Sunday, July 19, 2015 10:54 AM
  • This link will show you how to add third party drivers using driver path. In order to make keyboard and mouse work, try to put USB3.0 drivers first in the ICE. If done the steps, add the drivers later into you image, it may solve your question.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ff794955%28v=winembedded.60%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ff795041(v=winembedded.60).aspx

Monday, July 20, 2015 5:29 AM
  • Chapter 10 provides examples on where to place the driver files in the out-of-box folders.

Monday, July 20, 2015 5:03 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks your help was great.

To help other guys, I will describe the problem and solution:

OS is WES7

the SBC is MIO-2263 from Advantech

Note: As writen in the MIO-2263 Startup manual, the SBC support only 64 OS By default

The problem: during standard installation with IBW or using ICE, after first OS boot, the keyboard and mouse stop responding

Reason: the USB3 driver is new and is not included in the Distribution share

Solution:

Driver is found at advantech web site under MIO-2263 and it is under folder with name: "other"

within "other" folder, the driver is located at the following path

Other\USB3.0\Windows 7\x64\3.0.0.19\SetupUSB3\Drivers\xHCI\Win7\x64

Installation with IBW:

mark the Modify Driver with V

after Next, click Browse and go to the above path (assuming you copy it to your installation media

Installation with ICE

Make sure you have the device.pmq

create folder for the driver as Sean explained.

thanks

Avi Wertheimer

Monday, July 20, 2015 5:58 PM