TFS 2010, SP 2010 Server, Excel Reports work on Portal but not when opened in Excel RRS feed

• Question

• Secure Store Service (SSS) on SharePoint is configured. All connectivity between TFS and SP works. Data source connection in Excel report is correctly configured to use SSS ID as configued in SharePoint. Excel reports work when viewed in the Portal. Clicking on "Open in Excel" while viewing report in the Portal launches Excel and the report loads but does not work and fails with the following error:

"Initialization of the data source failed.

Check the database server or contact your database administrator. Make sure the external database is available, and then try the operation again. If you see this message again, create a new data source to connect to the database."

Any idea what may be happenning? I've looked at logs and I cannot see what's causing the problem. I will double check the Excel Web Services logs to see if I can find something more.

Leo Vildosola - InCycle Software
    • Edited by Leo Vildosola Friday, September 10, 2010 4:19 PM Clarified scenario
    Friday, September 10, 2010 4:18 PM