none
Biztalk 2013R2 - How to install Biztalk Adapters For Host Systems (BAHS) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a fresh Biztalk 2013 R2 environment (Enterprise edition).

We want to use adapters like DB2 & MQSC to connect to IBM host systems. 

My question is regarding installation files of these adapters which I think is a part of Host Integration Services ?

1) Where do I get installation file (i.e setup) for H.I.S ? Does it detect license automatically if installed on a Biztalk Server with Enterprise edition ? Or is the biztalk adapter pack for Host systems available as a separate installer (and where do I get it ? )

2) Which version of H.I.S should be installed on Biztalk 2013 R2 ?

3) Is IBM Websphere MQ Client also a pre-requisite ? 

Thanks in advance for help with these questions . It will be much appreciated. 

Regards

Thursday, September 28, 2017 11:45 AM

Answers

• 1. HIS is shipped on separate media (.iso) but you can get it from the same source as your BizTalk Server media.  MSDN, Volume License, etc.

2. Typically, the same version as BizTalk Server but note, there was no R2 of HIS 2013.

3. Yes.  You will have to download that from IBM.  Your WMQ team can help with this

• Marked as answer by NdBot Monday, November 13, 2017 7:48 AM
    Thursday, September 28, 2017 1:42 PM

All replies

• 1. HIS is shipped on separate media (.iso) but you can get it from the same source as your BizTalk Server media.  MSDN, Volume License, etc.

2. Typically, the same version as BizTalk Server but note, there was no R2 of HIS 2013.

3. Yes.  You will have to download that from IBM.  Your WMQ team can help with this

• Marked as answer by NdBot Monday, November 13, 2017 7:48 AM
    Thursday, September 28, 2017 1:42 PM
  • Thank you very much for your reply.

But in my case , I have created a VM with  Biztalk 2013 R2 edition on Azure Portal (IAAS).

Where can I then get the installation file for Host Integration Server 2013 ?  How do I get it ? 

Regards

Sunday, October 1, 2017 7:19 AM
  • :() Great question. Sorry, I actually don't know.

I've heard answers for previous versions, but can't say they apply to 2016.

If you have MSDN, HIS 2016 ENT is available for download there.

Sunday, October 1, 2017 12:42 PM
  • Now I feel stuck. I am unable to find an installer for Host Integration Server 2013 . I can only use that as my Biztalk Server VM (on Azure) is of Biztalk 2013 R2.

What is the point of not packaging it with Biztalk , if they are not providing a separate installer ? 

Sunday, October 1, 2017 6:30 PM
  • Do you not have MSDN?
    Thursday, October 5, 2017 5:16 PM