Lag between Event Hub events and Stream Analyzer, Power BI output RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was trying to create the following setup: 

Event Hub --> Stream Analyzer --> Power BI

I am streaming events from an Android device using HTTP (post) every few seconds. (I will be moving to using AMQP soon) Last evening things seemed to be working fine. Today however, there were many instances where I was streaming data successfully from my Android device and Event Hub seemed to be showing the incoming events but Stream Analyzer's dashboard was still showing 0 long after and my PowerBI dashboard was also not updating in real-time. 

There were no errors in the service logs. So what are the typical causes to expect behavior like this and what are some things that I can check? 

Thanks!

• Edited by JMF5 Friday, May 29, 2015 7:15 PM
    Friday, May 29, 2015 7:14 PM

Answers

• To narrow down the issue , could you please try a different output like blob and see if you get any records there?

thanks,
    Chetan

[Disclaimer] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. User assumes all.

• Marked as answer by JMF5 Friday, August 14, 2015 4:28 PM
    Monday, June 1, 2015 7:33 PM

All replies

• To narrow down the issue , could you please try a different output like blob and see if you get any records there?

thanks,
    Chetan

[Disclaimer] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. User assumes all.

• Marked as answer by JMF5 Friday, August 14, 2015 4:28 PM
    Monday, June 1, 2015 7:33 PM
  • Please go to Monitor tab of your job page, and see any #output events. If you didn't see it, it means no output from your pipeline.

The other way, is go to 'operation logs' entry of job page, and see any 'Send Events' (operation name) marked 'Failed'

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 7:21 PM
  • I agree! When troubleshooting ASA (Azure Stream Analytics) I find it extremely useful to also output the same query to Blob storage so you can ensure you are seeing the results and Blob storage doesn't have any external dependencies. (You can do this in the same query, it can have multiple statements.)
    Wednesday, August 12, 2015 4:12 PM