Building an ORM using C# and U2 (Universe) RRS feed

• Question

• I have been looking for existing solutions to utilize for creating an ORM library to the Rocket U2 (Universe) database platform.  Since Universe is not truly a relational database and is rather considered a multi-value database, I have not had much success in discovering any suitable vendor solutions to create such a library.

Does anyone know of any vendor solutions which might be able to support this database platform?  If not, could anyone provide me with guidance on how to build my own custom ORM solution for this database platform?  I have only used off-the-shelf-solutions such as Entity Framework and LINQ to SQL in the past, therefore, I do not really have a good idea on how to build an ORM completely from scratch.

Thanks.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:53 PM

All replies

• It's probably going to be a little tough to build your own ORM. You may be able to use leverage what NHibernate does, even though it connects strictly to relational databases, there may be some functionality there that you may be able to re-use. After all, NHibernate is essentially just XML and XSD's that are passed around in order to relate your business level objects to the database, and provides the mapping of the two.

I'm unfamiliar with the U2 database platform, but if your're connecting via ODBC, then NHibernate may be helpful.

Ankit
    • Proposed as answer by AnkitMathur Monday, October 25, 2010 5:14 PM
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:03 PM