Designer ask for restart when 2 List JOIN in Data View Web Part. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

I am using Sharepoint 2007 with Designer 2007 (Data View Web Part). I also have Site Collection Admin. privilege. 

Since 1 week i am trying to connect to multiple datasource to get the result. I did all steps as given in URL over here but with no luck. When I try to get data from 2 list - Document Library (Infopath Form Library) and another is a normal List. Both lists have a common columns - "Project Name" (Single Line Of Text).  I get below err immediately after "Show Data".

"The Server Returned a non-specific error when trying to get data from the data source. Check the format or content of your query and try again. If the problem persist, check with your system admin."

Infopath Library has 200+ records only and Another list has 50+ records. My Sharepoint Designer sometime get hang and ask for restart. Don't know what's going inside when they try to JOIN both list to get the result.

Googling out, I got to know that Sharepoint Designer points to old list, so need to change List ID or List Name in Code section of ASPX page where DVWP exists. But this is not my issue. I am pointing to correct List.

Please advice.

Thanks, Chintan

• Edited by Chintan123 Tuesday, November 8, 2011 10:58 AM
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 10:01 AM

Answers

• Hi Folks,

I got the solution: We need to remove all Lookups columns from the SharePoint List which are used in "Linked Data Source".

Question: I have a List which is v.important and used by many Managers. I can't remove Lookups column. Any Idea how to achive my requirement without removing Lookup columns ?

• Edited by Chintan123 Tuesday, November 8, 2011 12:37 PM
    • Marked as answer by Chintan123 Tuesday, November 8, 2011 12:38 PM
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 12:32 PM