SQL server management studio RRS feed

• Question

• User65893105 posted
    I have SQL server 2005 developer edition installed on my machine.  I was expecting something like Enterprise manager to manage databases but nothing is installed by default.  Ive found SQL server management studio express and installed it, but Ive also seen references to SQL Server Management Studio.  Are there any differences between the two , or are they the same and are just described differently ??  Im a bit confused, Microsoft should make this clear.
    Friday, September 22, 2006 4:40 AM

Answers

• User1416329745 posted
    Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer are now one called Management Studio, if you choose all components when you get to choose components you should see Management Studio.  If you don't have one rerun setup and choose repair and then choose all components.  Post again if you still have questions.  Hope this helps.
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, September 23, 2006 6:05 PM

All replies

• User1416329745 posted
    You need to rerun setup and choose repair and when you get to choose components choose all.  It is better to do the above from your hard drive.  The developer edition actually comes with two Management Studio one that replace Enterprise Manager and the BI (Analysis services) Management Studio.  Post gain if you still have question.  Hope this helps.
    Friday, September 22, 2006 7:07 PM
  • User-653688788 posted

[Idea]  I've got Visual Studio 2005 Profesional Edition,

Can I use it with SQL Server Express Edition?

One more thing that once I installed SQL Server Standard Edition, but after installation I didn't find any Enterprise Manager OR Query analyzer? 

Can u plz help me out in this..............?

Saturday, September 23, 2006 2:25 AM
  • User1416329745 posted
    Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer are now one called Management Studio, if you choose all components when you get to choose components you should see Management Studio.  If you don't have one rerun setup and choose repair and then choose all components.  Post again if you still have questions.  Hope this helps.
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, September 23, 2006 6:05 PM
  • User-653688788 posted

Thx Caddre,

I've got... 

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 2:39 AM