Accidently Deleted VM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I accidently deleted a VM - want to know if there is a way I can restore it? Checked Storage Containers - do not find the VHD file but do find an entry with VM name and extension ".Status" and 0 bytes.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately I am using MSDN subscription so do not have technical support - cannot contact technical support team or raise a ticket for help.

Thanks /Praveen

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 10:29 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You have mentioned that when you look in the storage/containers you see an entry with the VM name,extension and the size is 0 bytes.

When deleting the VM, the attached disks was also deleted, hence the 0 bytes.In this case, the VHD is no longer available and you will not be able to restore the VM. You will need to create a new VM.

Best Regards,

Mekh.

• Proposed as answer by Susie Long Monday, July 7, 2014 7:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by Susie Long Wednesday, July 9, 2014 2:59 AM
    Wednesday, July 2, 2014 7:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You have mentioned that when you look in the storage/containers you see an entry with the VM name,extension and the size is 0 bytes.

When deleting the VM, the attached disks was also deleted, hence the 0 bytes.In this case, the VHD is no longer available and you will not be able to restore the VM. You will need to create a new VM.

Best Regards,

Mekh.

• Proposed as answer by Susie Long Monday, July 7, 2014 7:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by Susie Long Wednesday, July 9, 2014 2:59 AM
    Wednesday, July 2, 2014 7:20 PM
  • Hi,

Anything updates now?

If you need further assistance, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Susie

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 1:55 AM