none
Using a navigation form to run a query RRS feed

• Question

• Here is my question, and forgive me I am quite new to MS Access so I might be a little rusty on explaining in correctly.  Here is my issue.

I have a form called Sample Type Query, on it it has a combo box from which you can select from different sample types.  The combo box is called qSampleType, there is also a button to run the query, do some calculations and output a report.  On the query design page I have the following entered 

[Forms]![Sample Type Query]![qSampleType]

This all works great when I run the form as is.  Report looks great and values are all what they should be.

When I put the sample type query form in my navigation form it no longer works, I assume I have to change the above to something?  But what?  I've tried things such as;

[Forms]![NavigationMain]![qSampleType]

With no sucess.

Thanks for any help!

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 8:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

try

Forms![NavigationMain]![NavigationSubform]!qSampleType

"NavigationSubform" is the default name of the subform control in a navigation form.

If that doesn't work you should check your current name:

In the navigation control click on the subform so that you see the orange frame around it. Then check the Name property in the property sheet. This is the subform name to address.

cu
    Karl
    Access FAQ (de/it): donkarl.com
    Access Lobby: AccessDevelopers.org

• Marked as answer by Jwis86 Thursday, June 9, 2016 12:48 PM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2016 9:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

try

Forms![NavigationMain]![NavigationSubform]!qSampleType

"NavigationSubform" is the default name of the subform control in a navigation form.

If that doesn't work you should check your current name:

In the navigation control click on the subform so that you see the orange frame around it. Then check the Name property in the property sheet. This is the subform name to address.

cu
    Karl
    Access FAQ (de/it): donkarl.com
    Access Lobby: AccessDevelopers.org

• Marked as answer by Jwis86 Thursday, June 9, 2016 12:48 PM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2016 9:20 PM
  • Hi Jwis86,

I think the suggestion given by Karl Donaubauer can solve your issue.

I would recommend you to check the suggestion given by Karl Donaubauer.

make the changes as suggested by him.

First you have to specify name of main form then name of sub form then name of your control.

if you think that suggestion can worked for you and solves your issue then I recommend you to mark the suggestion as an answer.

if you think you still have a problem then let us know so that we can provide you a further help.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 9, 2016 12:57 AM
  • Thanks for the help, it worked.  I was trying to replace the name of the form instead of using [NavigationSubforum].

Easy fixes are always great.  I'm glad this resource is out here for people new to access like me.  It has been a great help.  While this has been my first question I've gotten answers to other issues from searching.

I'm sure I'll be back!

Thursday, June 9, 2016 12:51 PM