none
Ads in Windows 10 Universal apps

Question

• I have a Win 10 Universal app that I want to submit that will be an update of an existing Win 8 app.  The app has ads; however, the process of putting ads in the Win 10 Universal app was completely different from what I have done in the past with Win 8 apps.  It is strongly recommended that you use the Universal AdMediator Control, so I used that with its new learning curve.  I managed to get it configured to use only the Microsoft Advertising service for a start.  Next you have to use an adaptive layout setup on a page for the ads placement and sizing to accommodate both a phone user or a desktop/tablet user. 

And here is the problem: On the phone you get a nice test ad as a blue rectangle across the bottom of the screen with a butterfly, the letters MSN and Microsoft in small print.  A tap on that takes you to the MSN site.  So far, so good.  But on the desktop, I do not get the size of test ad requested, instead I get a somewhat fat, short blue rectangle with nothing inside at the bottom left of the screen that when tapped takes you to the MSN website.

Has anyone else done this?  If so, does this match your experience?  I am reluctant to publish the app with the desktop test ad appearing so odd.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 4:14 PM