Add ManipulationCompleted in FlipView Example But no Touch action Captured

Question

• I added ManipulationCompleted event in the XAML and C++ sample of FlipView. However I can not capture the touch event in debug. Anything wrong? Does the sample template hide the event?
    Monday, April 21, 2014 2:32 PM

All replies

• Where are you adding this? Can you please provide more details. What scenario are you trying to achieve?

The sample doesn't hide anything, but you can't handle touch events if the FlipView handles them. See http://blogs.msdn.com/b/wsdevsol/archive/2013/02/16/where-did-all-my-gestures-go.aspx

--Rob

Monday, April 21, 2014 2:49 PM
    Owner
  • Good instruction.

"So what can an app do if it needs the pointer messages?

The easiest way is to restrict the needed pointer messages to a sub-item which blocks the scrolling and set it to handle its own manipulations. For example, an Image in a FlipView’s ItemTemplate with ManipulationMode=”All” will not trigger the ScrollViewer for touches inside the image. The Image will receive both Xaml manipulation events and pointer events which can be passed to a GestureRecognizer."

In my processing there is image in FlipViews ItemTemplate. Can I set ManipulationMode=”All” first to use my Manipulation*** gesture detection and then enable ScrollViewer to let scrolling in FlipView work? That is first gesture and then scrolling. I can set ManipulationMode=”All” in ManipulationStart and ManipulationMode=”None” in ManipulationCompleted. I do not know how to reenable the ScrollView.

Any code samples to do CrossSlider? 

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 12:25 AM