Question on "only supports Tailored applications."

Question

• I am attempting to pull a simple MVC3 Application over to VS2011 and change the client from jqueryUI in the browser to a Metro UI.  I get the error "This edition of Visual Studio only supports Tailored applications."

I fully understand that this is a dev release.  Are there tips for building an MVC3 app on VS2011?  Anything to watch out for?  I have the source on github and I'm at the BUILD conference so if it helps anyone to have a look, just let me know.

Thanks,

-Steve

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:56 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Steve,

This thread was posted in the Windows Developer Preview: General OS Questions forum; the Microsoft Moderation team has moved this thread to the Building apps with HTML5\JavaScript forum to ensure you receive the proper response to your question.

Thanks

Michael
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 3:00 PM
  • The version of Visual Studio that ships with Windows 8 Developer Preview is the Visual Studio Express edition and can only be used to develop Windows 8 metro style applications. Today Visual Studio 11 Ultimate Developer Preview was released in MSDN for MSDN subscribers and will be made available to the public on Friday. See: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/vstudio/hh127353.

...Scott

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:12 PM