none
Track changes Content RRS feed

• Question

• Am building an application that track changes that a user makes. Am using C# . How can i track changes a user did and get the changes they made

Monday, May 11, 2015 3:13 PM

Answers

• Hi KibeNjoroge,

Since you were posting in Open XML forum. I assume that you want to use Open XML to track changes?

As far as I know, we can use InsertedRun to specifie that the inline-level content contained within it shall be treated as inserted content which has been tracked as a revision. For example, consider a paragraph of text in a WordprocessingML document in which one word has been inserted, as follows:

This paragraph has the word text marked inserted as a revision, and is represented as the following WordprocessingML:

<w:p>

<w:r>

<w:t>Some</w:t>

</w:r>

<w:ins w:id="0" w:author="Joe Smith" w:date="2006-03-31T12:50:00Z">

<w:r>

<w:t>text</w:t>

</w:r>

</w:ins>

</w:p>

And DeletedRun class specifies that the inline-level content contained within it shall be treated as deleted content which has been tracked as a revision.

In addition, I suggest that you use open XML SDK 2.5 Productivity Tool which shifted with Open XML SDK to compare the file changed before and after to get the difference and reflect the code.

Hopt it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 5:26 AM