none
Convert any other video format to .xef format RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to convert any other video file format to .xef file format. I am trying to get the streaming data from my laptop's webcam and trying to pass it to kinect SDK so that i and analyse the streamed data and perform some operations over it. But as far as i know Kinect SDK reads on .xef file. So how should i be able to use any other video file format in kinect SDK.

Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Aniket Srivastav

Friday, November 10, 2017 5:04 AM

All replies

• You can't feed stuff into Kinect Service that haven't been generated by Kinect Service. You can't convert video formats to xef. If you wish to convert xef to video formats you can probably do so by dumping each frame of the xef into a jpeg or whatever else needed and use something like ffmpeg.

Do you want to perform body recognition and tracking over a different color feed?

Friday, November 10, 2017 8:21 AM
  • I wrote an algorithm that takes feed from my webcam and and gives out pose data. How do I integrate this data in kinect studio in my code for kinect? I am using both kinect and webcam

Friday, November 10, 2017 8:34 AM
  • Fork this and do whatever you like :P.

It's the repository of Kinect Studio. KS does not have plugin support. So all you have to do is fork its source code and modify it as you wish to your needs.

Again, this will only be integration to Kinect Studio. The service that feeds your applications will have no part with your custom code.

Friday, November 10, 2017 1:36 PM