none
How to change the size of all collapsible and expandable boxes in Visual Studio 2015 Professional

Question

• collapsible box is a square with the minus sign inside it [-],

expandible box is a square with the plus sign inside it [+].

It seems that they have fixed size. I want to change their size, but when I change Text Editor Size in Tools => Options => Environment => Fonts and Colors, only the size of the printed code changes, but all the collapsible and expandible boxes remain the same size. They are tiny in my current Visual Studio, and this is very hard to click them. I want to make them bigger, but I don't see even at least one option to do this. I afraid to discover that this is impossible. There must be a way to do this. Even a hack or registry modification will be acceptable answer in the worst case if there is no choice as long as it's not too dangerous, risky and unsafe to my operating system.

Friday, July 8, 2016 9:47 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

As far as I know. The size of collapsible box and expandible is fixed. It is impossible to change the size even you adjust the size in the Tools => Options => Environment => Fonts and Colors.

This is by default and you can't change it. If you feel this behavior is not correct and you want to change this size. I suggest you could submit as a feature request to the Visual Studio development team.

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio .

The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, July 11, 2016 6:22 AM