Feature Request - Include Status Columns to Reports RRS feed

• Question

• With the recent column additions to various reports, this API is much more useful (it was hard to get good value from reports without conversion data).  So a big thank-you to whoever worked on that!

Now that we're able to use this data for analysis, it is much more important to be able to get data for only active campaigns/ad groups/ads/keywords.  However, this is difficult since the availability of status columns is very limited.

In the KeywordPerformanceReport, I can get campaign status, ad group status and keyword status, which makes that report much more useful than, for example, the AdPerformanceReport.

The latter will return data from ads in paused campaigns or ad groups, and there’s no way to filter that data out without downloading another report and cross-referencing them.  Is there any chance you could make those fields available in more reports (and perhaps in the associated filters)?

Thanks for your time.

Charlie

Thursday, March 13, 2014 8:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Charlie.

Great suggestion. I've forwarded this request to the feature team for reporting. As an alternative are there any columns that could be added to the Keyword performance report, which would allow you to move away from the Ad performance report, for example AdTitle?  

Please also feel free to submit your feature requests at http://bingads.uservoice.com.

Thank you,

Eric

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 8:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Charlie.

Great suggestion. I've forwarded this request to the feature team for reporting. As an alternative are there any columns that could be added to the Keyword performance report, which would allow you to move away from the Ad performance report, for example AdTitle?  

Please also feel free to submit your feature requests at http://bingads.uservoice.com.

Thank you,

Eric

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 8:00 PM
  • Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply and for passing that along.

For things like ad and ad text analysis, we usually end up wanting to filter for active campaign + active ad group + active ad, and get AdTitle and AdDescription.

However, if it would be easy to make ad status accessible, that would help, though it doesn't really make sense to me structurally to be able to get that data in a Keyword performance report.

I'll submit my other feature request (once I confirm that what I want isn't currently available) using that URL, thank you for providing it.

Charlie

Friday, March 21, 2014 7:29 PM