none
Publish UWP app out side store with certification issue. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I packaged the app with the CN matching with a self signed certificate. The CN and package name ID are the ones assigned to me by the Store. However, when I tried to install the package, I got the following error.

"Either you need a new certificate installed for this app package, or you need a new app package with trusted certificates. Your system administrator or the app developer can help. A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which isn't trusted (0x800B0109)"

Since I'm using the actual CN assigned by the Store in both the self signed certificate and AppxManifest, I would think that it should allow me to install the app without having to install the certificate locally.  Is there anything that I need to do in order to be able to publish the app outside the store ?

Regards 

Friday, November 16, 2018 3:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Jayhg,

Sorry for the delay reply.By default, a UWP package needs to be signed with a valid certificate to be installed and this certificate needs to be trusted by the computer. When we publish a UWP app on the Store, this process is completely transparent: it’s the Store that takes care of signing the AppX package with a valid certificate during the submission process. In this case, instead, we’re trying to sideload a package without using the Store, so we need to take care of signing it.

To solve this problem, you'll need to add the certificate in the Trusted Root Certification Authority of the computer. Double click your **.cer file, choose Install certificate and, when you’re prompted where to install it, choose Local machine and then the option Place all certificates in the following store. By pressing the Browse button, make sure to choose Trusted Root Certification Authorities and complete the process.you could refer to this blog for more details.
    Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 19, 2018 2:19 AM
  • Hi Jayhg,

Is there any update for your issue? Please feel free to post here if you have any problems,

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 7, 2018 2:32 AM