none
Hierarchies for role-playing of outrigger in SSAS 2016

Question

• Good evening, I have the dimension Localizacion (location) as outrigger of dimension Docente (Teacher), and at the same time as role playing, since I need to know the place of birth and the place of origin of the docente, so that in teacher I have two foreign keys of Localizacion: LUGAR_NACIMIENTO_ID and LUGAR_PROCEDENCIA_ID respectively. Now, I'm trying to create a hierarchy for the place of birth and another for the place of origin, like this:

drive.google.com/file/d/1xx3FML9_VNvxsU5bffZcFPCRxbBSAmWO/view?usp=sharing

The only thing I did was to pass the location attributes twice, from the data source view in the right section, to the teacher attributes in the left section and rename them according to the hierarchy in which they were to be used. I created the hierarchies Hierarchy_Location_Nacimiento and Hierarchy_Location_Procedence. The only difference between these hierarchies is that the KeyColumn of GENERO_NACIMIENTO is LUGAR_NACIMIENTO_ID and the KeyColumn of GENERO_PROCEDENCIA is LUGAR_PROCEDENCIA_ID. The problem is that when I visualize the hierarchies in the Browser tab of the dimension, it shows me the same data for both hierarchies, that is, in both hierarchies it is showing me the data of the place of origin, that is the same departments, the same municipalities and the same names. Actually I do not know how to tell it that one hierarchy is of a foreign key and the other of the other key. If anyone knows a better way to implement this case, I would appreciate it.

These are the attribute relationships that I have: they are the last two ones:

drive.google.com/file/d/12OursbGwU6EwPl0WHJcSwNFytT45GPbz/view?usp=sharing

Saturday, June 09, 2018 11:56 PM

All replies

• Hi myanza,

Thanks for your question.

>>> Actually I do not know how to tell it that one hierarchy is of a foreign key and the other of the other key. If anyone knows a better way to implement this case, I would appreciate it.
    If I understand you correctly, you want to custom attribute names in Role Playing Dimensions, right? In this scenario, please refer to below blog talking about this similar issue:
    Custom Attribute Names in Role Playing Dimensions for SSAS

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by alexander fun Tuesday, June 12, 2018 6:05 AM
    Monday, June 11, 2018 2:11 AM